Falling on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday puts its own philanthropic spin on days like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
On Nov. 27, people all over the world will celebrate generosity by giving their time, talent and treasure. We encourage our Knights to consider UCF when participating in Giving Tuesday this year.
In fact, here are five things Knights should know about Giving Tuesday at UCF:
1. Giving Tuesday is on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
But you can #GiveToUCF as early as today by visiting ucffoundation.org/givingtuesday.
2. Last year, 700 donors raised $71,000 to support programs at the university on Giving Tuesday.
From the UCF Football Excellence fund to gifts that enabled the Knights Pantry to provide meals for students, each and every dollar donated has a lasting impact on Knights.
3. This year’s goal is to surpass last year’s success, and it will take all of us working together to make it happen.
Every gift matters. Whether it’s $5, $10 or $50, it makes a collective impact.
4. If you have a passion, we can find a fund at UCF that deserves your support.
If you can’t decide where to donate, consider making a gift to UCF’s Area of Greatest Need. By doing so, the university can direct your gift to a program or department that needs support, and therefore will offer the greatest impact.
5. All giving matters – whether it’s a donation, your time or talent.
Here are some other ways to show your support:
Most importantly, share your story. Tell everyone what it means to be a Knight and why you love UCF. Together, we can power the future of this great university.