The conservative estimate of investment being made at Lake Nona is $2 billion.
The life sciences cluster forming the new medical city consists of:
- UCF College of Medicine’s Medical Education building, Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library, Burnett Biomedical Sciences building, UCF College of Nursing, and programs of the UCF College of Health & Public Affairs
- Burnham Institute for Medical Research, East Coast Campus
- Orlando VA Medical Center
- Nemours Pediatric Health Care Campus
- M.D. Anderson Cancer – Orlando Cancer Research Institute
- Tavistock Group specialized laboratory facilities