Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
Behind every successful Knight is a dedicated UCF faculty member.
And at the Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, our full-time, part-time and graduate student faculty members are given the tools they need to become the best they can be.
It’s a win-win because while faculty get the opportunity to enhance their teaching effectiveness, students in turn get the benefit of being inspired to excel in their academic journeys.
Commissioned by the UCF Faculty Senate, The Center reports to them annually. And in addition to promoting UCF’s mission, The Center provides faculty with programming and resources that support President Hitt’s five goals.
The Center’s mission is to actively support:
• Excellence in teaching and learning
• Successful research and creative endeavors
• Professional development and fulfillment for faculty
• Communication and collaboration among faculty on all UCF campuses and the staff members who provide academic and non-academic services for students
• Partnerships with other academic institutions and the regional, national and international community to support success in these areas