- Program Type:
- Online Certificate
- College of Health and Public Affairs
The Graduate Certificate in Police Leadership is designed to provide a theoretical and practical knowledge base for the law enforcement executive in criminal justice, public administration or social work.
The certificate consists of twelve credit hours of graduate course work. The successful completion of this certificate program is a positive consideration for admission to the master’s program of Criminal Justice.
This program may be completed on-line, but not all classes are offered every semester, and not all classes are offered in a sequence that may be convenient for every student. State employees using a tuition waiver are warned that classes in this program may fill up before state employees are allowed to register. Please visit the Police Leadership Certificate website for more information.
Students must complete two required courses, one restricted elective and one course from the list of approved unrestricted electives, for a total of 12 credit hours.
Total Credit Hours Required: 12
- CJE 5021: Foundations of Law Enforcement (3 credit hours)
- CCJ 6106: Policy Analysis in Criminal Justice (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses: 6 Credit Hours
Choose one of the following four courses.
- CCJ 6118: Criminal Justice Organizations (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5807: Local Government Operations (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6037: Public Organizational Management (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6327: Public Program Evaluation Techniques (3 credit hours). This course is an advanced program evaluation course. Those without a background in Public Administration are discouraged from enrolling in this course.
Unrestricted: 3 Credit Hours
Choose one course from the following list.
- CCJ 5015: The Nature of Crime (3 credit hours)
- CCJ 5456: The Administration of Justice (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5041: Ethics and Values in Public Administration (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6035: Public Administration in the Policy Process (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6417: Human Resource Management (3 credit hours)
- SOW 5132: Diverse Client Populations (3 credit hours)
- SOW 5175: Strategies in Employee Assistance Programs (3 credit hours)
Admission is open to those with a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. An application to the graduate certificate program and official transcripts must be submitted. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
|Police Leadership Certificate||Fall Priority||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Domestic Applicants||–||Jul 15||Dec 1||Apr 15|
|International Transfer Applicants||–||–||–||–|
Due to restrictive state regulations, UCF is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. More information is available here.
For additional information contact:
Dr. Eugene Paoline
Tuition & Fees
Career OpportunitiesShow the full list
- criminal investigator
- fish and game warden
- law enforcement executive
- park ranger
- public administrator
- social worker