TRANSFER TO UCF ONLINE
Whether you’re around the corner or across the globe, transferring from another institution or returning to college to complete your degree, UCF’s online programs are designed and taught by the same faculty members who teach classes on our campuses. Our fully online bachelor’s degrees offer the convenience, affordability and support you need to succeed.
APPLY AS A TRANSFER STUDENT
Are you a transfer student? If you’re seeking a bachelor’s degree, have attended one or more colleges or universities and have completed 12 or more transferable college or university credits post-high school, you will apply to UCF Online as a transfer student. Check out the Undergraduate Catalog and Office of Undergraduate Admissions websites for complete undergraduate admissions requirements.
Steps to Apply
1. Speak with a success coach.
At UCF Online, earning an undergraduate degree is anything but a solo journey. The UCF Online Connect Center offers a team of success coaches specially trained to provide high-level support, coordination and guidance from admission through graduation. So whether you’re returning to college or seeking a convenient way to earn a degree, we’re ready to help you succeed. Get started today by speaking to one of our success coaches.
2. Create a smooth transition plan.
Transfer-admission criteria can vary based upon the number of transferable semester hours of college coursework completed by the time you enroll at UCF. To learn more about specific transfer requirements, select the category below that best describes you:
- I will have fewer than 30 transferable semester hours
- I will have 30 or more, but fewer than 60 transferable semester hours
- I will have 60 or more transferable semester hours
For transfer applications, UCF operates on a rolling admission basis and generally notifies you of an admission decision once all of your supporting documentation are received and reviewed. You can check your admission status online through the myUCF portal. Once admitted, a transfer credit summary will be available on myUCF.
Transferring from a Florida school? Learn about Transfer Connect from one of our in state partner schools:
Hillsborough Community College
Florida Gateway College
Florida Keys Community College
Indian River State College
North Florida College
Northwest Florida State College
Miami Dade College
Pasco-Hernado State College
Polk State College
St. Petersburg College
Some documents that may be required:
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions for all academic work. Minimum 2.0 GPA at last school attended and overall cumulative GPA for all college work
- Demonstrated competency of foreign language or American Sign Language equivalent to the second high school level or higher OR at the elementary 2 level in one foreign language or American Sign Language at an undergraduate institution
- High school transcript and SAT and/or ACT (if you’re applying with fewer than 60 transferable credit hours)
- Two English composition courses with a grade C or better AND two math courses (college algebra or higher) with a grade C or better (if you’re applying with 60 or more transferable credit hours)
- Official course-by-course evaluation from Josef Silny & Associates or World Education Services for all international post-secondary (college or university coursework, if applicable
- Official AP, IB, AICE, CLEP and Cambridge AS/A level score reports for exams taken, if applicable.
**Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
University of Central Florida
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 160111
Orlando, FL 32816-0111
Explore your financial aid options.
Financial aid is available to UCF Online students just like it is for on-campus students. Check out the Office of Student Financial Assistance to learn about options for paying for college.
3. Apply to UCF Online with confidence.
We encourage you to apply early, as admission to UCF is competitive. As a transfer student, you can apply up to one year prior to the term in which you want to enroll. If you’re a Florida College System graduate with an A.A. degree or an articulated A.S. degree, you will receive priority over out-of-state transfers in the admission process. After you’ve checked out all of UCF’s online bachelor’s degree options and connected with a coach, you’re ready to begin your journey.
- Pay the $30 nonrefundable application fee for each application submitted
- Send all required documents