Digital Forensics M.S.
Get More Information
Fill out the form below, and we'll send you more information about the Digital Forensics M.S. program.
- Program Type:
- Online Master
- Engineering and Computer Science
The Digital Forensics master’s degree is a collaborative effort between various UCF academic departments (Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Forensic Science of Chemistry, Criminal Justice and Legal Studies) and the National Center for Forensic Science (NCFS). NCFS is both a national center, as part of the National Institute of Justice Forensic Research Network of the Department of Justice, and a state Type II Center. NCFS is based in the UCF College of Sciences as a forensic science research center and is housed in Orlando’s Research Park, adjacent to UCF.
The mission of the MSDF degree program is to provide a quality graduate education in science and practices of digital forensics, to prepare the students for digital forensics jobs, and to prepare the students for a lifetime of learning. The objectives of the program include the following:
- To give MSDF graduates the knowledge and skills necessary to participate as an effective team member or team leader in digital evidence investigations
- To prepare MSDF graduates for professional careers in digital forensics examination, forensic tool development, tool verification and validation, security and forensics administration
- To prepare MSDF graduates with the knowledge and skills to pursue advanced studies and research in computer technology or computer crime-related disciplines
- To equip MSDF graduates with the communication skills, both oral and written, to become an effective problem solver as well as an effective communicator as an expert forensic examiner and expert witness
Please note: This program may be completed online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
These are the core values at UCF, and our community of thinkers, helpers and makers pushes boundaries and shifts paradigms to solve the world’s most pressing problems. A great university can unleash the potential to change the world. Listed as one of the most innovative universities in the nation by the U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges 2016 Guide, UCF specializes in providing high-quality distance learning options for those talented students and working professionals who are unable to physically attend our Orlando campus or our 12 Central Florida locations.