Before Your First Semester
- Check for any Holds or To-Dos on your account in myUCF. As required, resolve Holds or To-Dos as soon as possible.
- Apply for financial aid if you have not done so for the calendar year.
- Contact your academic advisor with any questions or concerns about the upcoming semester.
- Contact your Success Coach with any questions or concerns you may have for the upcoming semester.
- Register for your online courses.
- Review your fee invoice.
- Order your textbooks from the UCF Bookstore.
- Contact Student Accessibility Services, if you have any accessibility needs, concerns or questions.
First Week of Every Semester
- Complete the Academic Engagement Activity for each of your courses before the end of the first week.
- The Academic Engagement Activity differs for each course. Your instructor may have you complete an assignment, take a quiz or reply to a discussion. If you cannot find the Academic Engagement Activity, contact your instructor.
- Add, drop or swap any courses through myUCF before the end of the first week. The deadlines for adding, dropping and swapping online courses are listed on the Academic Calendar.
- Review the syllabus or calendar in [email protected] to plan for upcoming assignments.
During the Semester
- Check your financial aid status in myUCF. After you have completed the Academic Engagement Activity, you can check the status of your verification under View My Financial Aid Eligible Courses in the Student Center. If a course is not listed, contact your instructor to verify that you have completed the Academic Engagement Activity.
- Log in to [email protected] regularly to keep up-to-date on your courses.
- Keep an eye out for any Holds or To-Dos on your account in myUCF.
- Know when the withdrawal deadline is by checking the Academic Calendar.
- Check myUCF for your Enrollment Appointment. The Enrollment Appointment determines when you are permitted to enroll in courses for the next semester.
- Review the myKnight Audit to help you decide which online courses to take for the upcoming semester.
- Contact your Success Coach to plan for your upcoming semester. This may include advising for course management, financial assistance, academic support and other areas of interest.
- Start planning your online course list for the next semester.
- If necessary, use the resources at SARC Online for online tutoring sessions or workshops.
Wrapping up the Semester
- Check the syllabus or calendar in [email protected] to make note of your final exams.
- If you have not done so already, register for your online courses for the next semester.
- Return any rented textbooks by your rental book return deadline.
- Review your final grades in myUCF.