Creating Our Collective Impact
We use the power of scale and the pursuit of excellence to solve tomorrow’s greatest challenges and to make a better future for our students and society. Through learning, discovery and partnerships, we transform lives and livelihoods.
The powerful combination of these values has guided UCF’s mission since its founding in 1963, and it will lead us into the next 20 years. We are an institution that proves big can be good — and become even better.
Amplifying excellence through scale means that we will have a greater impact on the students and community we serve. We believe in harnessing the strength of our size — our resources, our student body, our technology, our educational pathways and more — with a constant pursuit of excellence to create a positive, lasting benefit that resonates on a global scale.
Unified, these values drive our promises to our students and our community, push boundaries to solve big problems and unleash our massive potential to change the world — one degree and one life at a time.
While the Collective Impact Strategic Plan spans many areas across the university, we believe UCF will become the recognized leader among 21st-century universities for our transformational impact, which we will measure by these 5- and 20-year objectives:
- Lead large Florida metropolitan areas in percentage of bachelor’s degree attainment in five years, reaching the top quartile nationally by 2035
- Double national and international recognition of faculty and student excellence by 2021, and quadruple recognition by 2035
- Double research awards in five years and become a top 50 research university by 2035
- Generate $10 billion in economic, social and cultural impact, growing to $25 billion by 2035
- Attract $100 million in new funding from sources other than students, families and taxpayers, becoming 20 percent of total educational funding by 2035