Program at a Glance
- Online Bachelor's
- College of Community Innovation and Education
Kick off your exciting career in the heart of the healthcare industry.
The world of healthcare is changing. With cutting-edge technology, increased access to data and continuous advancements, now is an exciting time to be a part of this field and improve.
With your online bachelor in health informatics, you’ll be prepared to leverage information technology to improve lives. UCF Online’s curriculum integrates business management, systems analysis, medical coding and more, offering a complete look at this growing field. You’ll also participate in a hands-on internship that will provide you with real-world experience and make you stand out from the crowd when you seek employment.
Upon graduation, you’ll have the skills you need to aid in the delivery of more effective and efficient healthcare. Your B.S. in Health Informatics and Information Management will prepare you to gain a competitive edge in a growing industry. Apply today to earn your degree in health informatics from UCF Online.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
Ready toget started?
A study of the language of medicine and allied health specialties, including word construction, definitions, and application of terms.
Health Data Management
Health care statistics, data analytics and data usage specific to health informatics and information management will be explored in depth.
Health Record Organization & Management
Nomenclatures/classification systems; health and vital statistics; data analysis and presentation; indexing; computer abstracting; accrediting and approving agencies; medical staff organization.
Skills You'll Learn
- Design, implement, and manage information systems to ensure the accurate and secure collection, storage, and retrieval of health information.
- Collect and analyze healthcare data, use data visualization tools, and apply data-driven approaches to identify trends, assess population health, and support evidence-based practices.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives and health research.
2019 - 2029
Source: Lightcast™ . 2023
- IT coordinator
- data analyst
- data integrity specialist
- database administrator
- health information specialist
- information management coordinator
- medical records tech