The astronomy minor is designed to provide the basic fundamentals of modern astronomy by including survey courses as well as practical courses with a choice from a set of more detailed and in-depth upper-division courses.
Minor Admission Requirements
- The minor is not open to Physics majors with an Astronomy specialization.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Grades below "C" (2.0) in lower level courses are not accepted.
- At least 9 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the Department of Physics.
- Most courses for this minor will have prerequisites completed as a part of a student's GEP requirement, as general electives, or a student can enroll into courses with consent of instructor.