- College of Community Innovation and Education
- ED Child, Family & Comm Sci Teacher Education, Schl of
Dr. Judy Levin, ED 122L, Judith.Levin@ucf.edu
The Early Childhood Development and Education minor is intended to provide a limited, but substantive experience in the fields of development and early childhood education. The minor is intended for University students enrolled outside the Early Childhood Development and Education major and does not lead to teacher certification or admission to the College of Education and Human Performance. The minor is appropriate for students who are seeking an enhanced understanding of education and development or are considering a career working with young children in the fields of early childhood education, social work, psychology or health services. This minor will strengthen the marketability of the student’s major program. This minor is available for students in the 2003 catalog year and beyond.
Minor Admission Requirements
- Complete the University General Education Program requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an A.A. degree from an approved Florida College System or State University System institution.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- No credit by exam (CLEP, Military credit) may be used. Transfer credits from other universities will be considered.
- Must maintain a minimum overall MINOR GPA of 2.75.
- At least 12 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF.
- Once the Early Childhood Development and Education Minor has been declared and approved, Early Childhood Development and Education Minor students must schedule an appointment with their program advisor listed on their ECDE Minor degree audit.
- NOTE: Completion of the Early Childhood Development and Education Minor does not complete the requirements for certification in Early Childhood Development.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)