- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must be in good academic standing and must have a "C" (2.0) or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: MAC 2311C, MAC 2312, PHY 2048C, and CHM 2045C or CHS 1440.
- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must complete a change of major in the term of completion of the final pending prerequisite course(s) listed above.
- Each engineering student is assigned a qualified engineering academic advisor in the department of his/her major. Each student should seek academic advisement before registering for classes each semester to minimize excess hours and to ensure that satisfactory academic progress is being maintained.
- Students in the Industrial Engineering major are expected to make consistent good progress toward their degrees to remain enrolled in, or eligible for, any major in the College of Engineering & Computer Science (CECS) or the College of Optics and Photonics (COP). Therefore, any student majoring in Industrial Engineering who repeats any UCF course and does not earn a grade of "C" (2.0) or better on the second attempt will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation does not receive a grade of "C" (2.0) or better by the third attempt in the same UCF course, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors. Any student majoring in Industrial Engineering who has accumulated 7 or more unsuccessful attempts (i.e., grades below "C" (2.0) and withdrawals) over all courses taken at UCF will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation has a tenth unsuccessful attempt over all courses taken at UCF, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors.
- A student who is excluded from CECS and COP majors may seek readmission to a major in CECS or COP after at least one full year has passed since exclusion. Readmission is not automatic and is dependent upon a high probability of success after readmission. Any student who is readmitted to the Industrial Engineering major will be subject to all probation conditions that applied at the time of exclusion.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
UCF prepares you for life beyond the classroom. Here, you’ll experience a wide range of opportunity, like learning diverse skills from world-renowned faculty to networking with top employers across Central Florida to gaining first-hand experience in internships nearby. Achieve your degree and more as a Knight.
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Civil Engineering Professor
- Efficiency Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Professor
- Electronics Engineering Professor
- Engineering Research Manager
- Global Engineering Manager
- Industrial Engineering Professor
- Industrial Production Manager
- Manufacturing Director
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Professor
- Mechanical Engineering Director
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Packaging Engineer
- Plant Chief
- Plant Manager
- Plant Superintendent
- Production Control Manager
- Production Engineer