This track has temporarily suspended admission
The Entrepreneurship Track in the Professional Master of Science in Management program is designed for students, working professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs who are interested in developing and implementing new programs, projects, or ventures within their organizations and industries. The program is organized to mirror the phases of startup processes – discovery, planning, and implementation – so that students can work on developing their own startup venture proposals while earning a valuable graduate degree.
This program is a professional program with a market rate tuition and is considered a part-time program. The tuition is the same for Florida residents and non-residents. Please visit www.business.ucf.edu/graduate-programs for more information.
This program is accredited by AACSB International.
This 30-hour experiential program provides an alternative to the MBA degree for students who desire specialized study in creative and entrepreneurial thinking.
Total Credit Hours Required: 30 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree
Restricted Core Courses
15 Total Credits
- Earn at least 15 credits from the following:
- GEB6895 - Business Intelligence (3)
- MAN6245 - Organizational Behavior and Development (3)
- MAN6915 - Applied Field Project (3 - 6)
- MAN6325 - Applied Research Tools (3)
- QMB6010 - Mathematical Tools for Business Analytics (3)
- MAN6305 - Human Resources Management (3)
- MAN6721 - Applied Strategy and Business Policy (3)
- MAN6311 - Advanced Topics in Human Resources Management (3)
12 Total Credits
- Complete the following:
- ENT5619 - Creativity and Entrepreneurship (3)
- ENT5016 - New Venture Design (3)
- ENT5206 - New Venture Implementation (3)
- ENT6617 - Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategy (3)
3 Total Credits
- Complete all of the following
- Complete the following:
- ENT6900 - Entrepreneurship Portfolio (3)
- ENT 6900, the capstone course portfolio, is required for all students. This portfolio course provides students with an opportunity to achieve new venture development milestones, demonstrate specific entrepreneurial competencies associated with those milestones, and connect with community experts tasked with assessing their efforts.
Grand Total Credits: 30
For information on general UCF graduate admissions requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions section of the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
In addition to the general UCF graduate application requirements, applicants to this program must provide:
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended.
- The GRE is not required for admission to this program.
- Current Resume.
- Prepare a goal statement that answers the following questions. Please limit to 1000 words.
- Describe what motivated you either professionally or personally to pursue a master's degree.
- Describe the steps you took to select UCF and this program. Include how long you have been considering graduate school and how you learned about this program.
- Describe a specific academic experience or professional business skill you hope to acquire through the program and how you plan to use it going forward.
- Three professional letters of recommendation or three e-mail addresses of recommenders. One recommendation must be from a previous or current supervisor.
- If your degree was not received in the U.S., you must also send one copy of each transcript to an accredited evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation showing the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. We accept either World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny. Please request that your official transcripts be sent to UCF along with your transcript evaluation.
- If your native language is not English and you do not have a degree from a U.S. institution or English instruction institution, you will be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or an IELTS English Language Test score. For TOEFL a minimum score of 577 paper-based; 233 computer-based; or 91 Internet-based. For IELTS a minimum score of 7.0 is required. For more information on exams and locations, go to www.ets.org/toefl.
Review Process. Your application will be reviewed once all required documents are received. Admission decisions are made after the review process is complete.
The GMAT is not required for Executive or Professional degree programs in the College of Business.
Early application tuition discounts are available for this program. For application and tuition discount details, view our Graduate Admissions page.
Graduate students may receive financial assistance through fellowships, assistantships, tuition support, or loans. For more information, see the College of Graduate Studies Funding website, which describes the types of financial assistance available at UCF and provides general guidance in planning your graduate finances. The Financial Information section of the Graduate Catalog is another key resource.