Program at a Glance
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Materials Sci & Engineering
The accelerated undergraduate/graduate program in Materials Science and Engineering allows highly qualified UCF undergraduate majors in Mechanical Engineering to begin taking graduate-level courses that will count toward their master's degree while completing their baccalaureate degree program. Participation will enable completion of the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in five instead of six years for students enrolled in full-time course work.
The BSME is awarded after completing university requirements for the degree, including 128 total credit hours and completing of 71 credit hours of engineering courses. The MSMSE is awarded upon completion of the master's program. Courses designated in General Education Program and Common Program Prerequisites are usually completed in the first 60 hours (see engineering major requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog).
Total Credit Hours Required: 30 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree
- December 1
- July 1
Ready to get started?
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Crating and Moving Estimator
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electrical Engineering Professor
- Industrial Engineering Professor
- Manufacturing Engineering Professor
- Mechanical Engineering Director
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Process Engineering Manager