Program at a Glance
- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
The Mathematics Education minor is intended for non-Mathematics Education majors. It is well suited for College of Community Innovation and Education, School of Teacher Education students majoring in another secondary/K-12 content area. It is also intended to provide for university students outside the School of Teacher Education (such as students enrolled in Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering) a limited but substantial experience in the field of professional education. This minor is not available to students in pending status in a School of Teacher Education major. Students who successfully complete this minor can expect to increase their marketability in careers that include educational components such as instructing, training, and lecturing. This minor is designed to promote student success in instructional settings, particularly in the 6-12 school setting, but does not directly qualify students for teacher certification or admission into the College of Community Innovation and Education.
Minor Admission Requirements
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete the University General Education Program requirements or the equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes. A grade of "C-" (1.75) or better is required in each course used to satisfy the minor. At least 12 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF.
- For students intending on pursuing teaching certification after graduation, it is recommended to complete 18 credits of coursework in mathematics