- College of Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
College of Medicine
Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences
Health and Public Affairs II, Room: 335
Dr. Griffith Parks, Director
Dorilyn Hitchcock, Program Director
- Acceptance to the university does not necessarily constitute admission to the upper division Medical Laboratory Sciences program.
- Separate application to the limited access program should be made directly to the program in the Spring of the year admission is sought. Applications will be accepted until the class is filled.
- UCF application must also be submitted prior to program application. Acceptance to UCF is necessary before acceptance to the program can occur.
- Student must complete all general education, foreign language admissions, and program prerequisites prior to the start of the program.
- This limited access program is work-intensive and courses include clinical practice in a variety of settings. Due to this, it is strongly recommended that students be at least one-year post high school prior to applying to the program. Students with concerns or questions should contact the program to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- All applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5, and complete all program prerequisite courses with at least a grade of “C” (2.0).
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should complete the General Education Program, Foreign Language Admissions and the Common Program Prerequisite Requirements before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor.
- The courses designated in sections 1 and 2 below may be taken at a Florida College System institution, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in prerequisite and major courses is required for admission to, continuation in, and graduation from the Medical Laboratory Sciences Program.
- UCF Residency Requirement: 32 hours.
- The courses designated in General Education and Common Program Prerequisites should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- An FDLE background check, negative drug screen, and Board of Clinical Lab Personnel trainee license are required.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)