Director: Dr. Griffith Parks
Burnett Building at Lake Nona (BBS), 101K
- Students who declare this major come in on a "Pending" status.
- In order for students to transition out of "Pending" status, they must earn a "C" or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: BSC 2010C, CHM 2045C, CHM 2046, CHM 2210.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should complete the General Education Program before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Grades below "C" in Common Program Prerequisites, Core Requirements and Restricted Electives are not accepted.
- Students in undergraduate majors within the College of Medicine are expected to consistently make good progress towards their degrees. Therefore, the COM/BSBS Progress Policy mandates that undergraduate students meet the requirements of the policy. Below are the specific requirements of the Progress Policy:
- Students with 3 withdrawal (W) grades will be placed in a probationary status.
- Students with 5 withdrawal (W) grades will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Medical withdrawals are not included in this withdrawal component.
- Students who earned 5 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U) will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students who earn more than 8 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U), will meet with an advisor from Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Students with 2 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students with 3 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Students in this track must maintain a minimum science GPA of 3.2. Students who are unable to maintain such GPA, the student will have to revert back into the nontrack Biomedical Sciences B.S.
- Students should consult with a BSBS academic advisor at least once per semester.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
UCF prepares you for life beyond the classroom. Here, you’ll experience a wide range of opportunity, like learning diverse skills from world-renowned faculty to networking with top employers across Central Florida to gaining first-hand experience in internships nearby. Achieve your degree and more as a Knight.
- Bacteriology Professor
- Cancer Researcher
- Clinical Laboratory Science Professor
- Clinical Research Scientist
- Clinical Sciences Professor
- Dentistry Professor
- Gastroenterology Professor
- Geophysical Manager
- Medical Research Scientist
- Neurology Professor
- Nutrition Professor
- Occupational Therapy Professor
- Ocean Program Administrator
- Pharmacology Professor
- Wildlife Technician