- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
College of Community Innovation and Education
School of Teacher Education,
Education Complex, Room: 209
Education Track Contact: Dr. Tonjua Freeman, ED 115M,Tonjua.Freeman@ucf.edu, 407-823-3270
The Secondary Education B.S.- Science Education Biology program offers students the option of two tracks: Science Education – Biology Track and Science Education – Biology Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification). The Education Track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal 6-12 schools that require certification.
This Secondary Education B.S.- Science Education Biology program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://ccie.ucf.edu/teachered/secondaryed/science-education/.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 Introduction to Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement
- Meet Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted). The Lifelong Learning Track is a non-certification program and does not require the General Knowledge Test.
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The Education Track is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)