- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
Associate Lecturer & Secondary Education Academic Program Coordinator (Lifelong Learning Track): Dr. Janet Andreasen
Education Building & Gym (ED), 123Q
The Secondary Education B.S. – Science Education Biology – Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification) program is specifically focused on students who wish to use their knowledge of Science Education – Biology to pursue educational careers outside of traditional schools. The Lifelong Learning Track prepares graduates for employment in a broad spectrum of professional opportunities including non-profits and non-traditional educational agencies. The Lifelong Learning Track is appropriate for students seeking opportunities for employment outside formal, K-12 schools that do not require certification.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 Introduction to the Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement
- Meet Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.