- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
Associate Professor (Education Track Contact): Dr. Michele Regalla
Education Complex & Gym (ED), 122A
The Teacher Education B.S. – World Languages Education program offers students the option of two tracks: World Languages Education – Education Track and World Languages Education – Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification). Within the Education track, specializations are available in Spanish or French. Students pursuing the Education Track are required to complete the World Languages Education – English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Minor. The Education Track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal, K-12 schools that require certification.
This Teacher Education B.S. – World Languages Education program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CCIE-Teacher-Ed-World-Languages-BS-June2020.pdf
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the foreign language admission requirement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted).
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The Education Track is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.