- College of Sciences
- The Advertising-Public Relations program is a limited access program that requires a separate application.
- Students should apply to become Advertising – Public Relations majors only after completing all requirements for admission.
- Students must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 45 credit hours of college work before applying.
- The student’s GPA is a major component of the admission criteria.
- The admission GPA will be calculated using all college work attempted.
- The GPA cut-off for admission varies each semester, depending on the applicants; but for the previous 6 admission periods, the GPA averaged 3.4.
- Pass a grammar proficiency exam administered by UCF’s Testing Center, unless the student has qualifying AP or IB scores, or a “B” is earned in both freshman GEP English classes.
- Contact NSC Advising for specifics of admission criteria.
- Students must receive a positive evaluation by the Nicholson School of Communication.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- For admission to the program, students must complete or be enrolled into and complete the following courses with a “C” or better (if in progress at the time of admission, students who do not earn a “C” or better will be removed from the program):
Complete the following: (6 Credit Hours)
- ADV 3008 – Principles of Advertising Credit Hours: 3 and
- PUR 4000 – Public Relations Credit Hours: 3
- October 1 to be admitted the next spring term;
- February 1 to be admitted the next summer term;
- June 1 to be admitted the next fall term.
- Students who change degree programs (other than from Ad-PR Pending) and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Co-op credit can be used in the major with advisor’s prior approval.
- Students should consult with a school advisor.
- School residency requirement consists of at least 24 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Nicholson School of Communication.
- Of the 120 hours required for graduation, 80 hours must be taken outside of the disciplines represented within the Nicholson School of Communication.
- Of these 80 hours, 56 must be taken in the liberal arts (i.e. within the College of Arts & Humanities or the College of Sciences).
- To ensure completion within 120 hours and to comply with the 80 hour rule, no more than 40 (or 43 if a GEP speech class was taken at UCF) of the 120 hours may be taken within the Nicholson School of Communication.
- Students electing to complete a minor must select the minor from outside the Nicholson School of Communication to remain below the 40 credit hour school maximum.
- A maximum of three credit hours of internship may be earned in one semester.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)