- College of Arts and Humanities
- Visual Arts & Design, Schl of
The School affirms that a theoretical and working understanding of the historical meanings and studio applications of the human image are critical in the education of Visual Art and Art History students. To develop such an understanding, Art courses often utilize images of clothed and unclothed human figures and, in certain studio classes, live nude models.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 18 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF School of Visual Arts and Design. Nine of these must be in an area of ARH specialization.
- Grades below “C” (2.0) in lower level courses do not satisfy major requirements.
- Co-op credit cannot be used in the major.
- Students should consult with a School advisor at least once annually.
- Courses designated in General Education Program and Common Program Prerequisites are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.