Combining the interdisciplinary expertise of faculty in two Colleges, the PhD Track in TESOL offers students in-depth experiences in the research, theory, and practice of TESOL, as well as flexibility in selecting a complementary cognate that meets their professional goals.
The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) track in the Education PhD program requires at least 63 credit hours of study beyond the master's degree. The curriculum includes 24 credit hours of core courses, 15 credit hours of TESOL specialization courses, 9 credit hours of cognate courses, and 15 credit hours of dissertation. All students must also complete the candidacy examination.
Total Credit Hours Required: 63 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Master's Degree
- January 1
- December 1
Ready to get started?
- Counselor Education Professor
- Literacy Education Professor
- Mathematics Education Professor
- Primary Education Professor
- Science Education Professor
- Secondary Education Professor
- Special Education Professor