The Environmental Engineering PhD program focuses on pollution control, pollution prevention, and the correction of pollution effects on natural and man-made environments preparing students for careers in environmental engineering with consulting firms; with industry; within federal, state, and local governments; and/or in higher education.
Areas of study include drinking water treatment, astute treatment, solid and hazardous waste management, atmospheric pollution control and modeling, environmental water resources, and stormwater management. The program's mission is to prepare students for careers in environmental engineering with consulting firms; with industry; within federal, state, and local governments; and/or in higher education.
The program offers an intensive, individually tailored research program suitable for the development of an academic or similar research-oriented career. Graduates of the program will have technical knowledge in critical areas of environmental engineering, critical thinking skills, formed and maintained partnerships with industry, government agencies, and professional organizations, and have developed an awareness of the changing environmental needs of society and the global environment.
Total Credit Hours Required: 72 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree 42 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Master's Degree
This program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CECS-Environmental-Engineering-PhD.pdf.
- December 1
- July 1
- July 1
- January 15
Ready to get started?
- Ceramic Engineering Professor
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electronics Engineering Professor
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Research Manager
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Remediation Engineer
- Fire Protection Engineer
- Hazardous Substances Engineer
- Hazardous Waste Management Control Engineer
- Industrial Safety Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Professor
- Marine Engineering Professor
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Petroleum Engineering Professor
- Product Safety Engineer
- Product Safety Test Engineer
- System Safety Engineer
- Water Treatment Plant Engineer