Program at a Glance
- College of Sciences
- Comm & Media, Nicholson Schl
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all UCF Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM) courses taken in the major.
- All attempts of UCF NSCM courses that could meet major requirements are included in the major GPA calculation, including those taken beyond the minimum required (e.g. additional restricted electives).
- Students who change degree programs (other than from Media Production and Management Pending) and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students may complete an internship off campus in a professional media production company or corporate operation with advisor's approval.
- Internship credit may be used in this major with prior school permission.
- Co-op credit may be used in this major with prior approval from a Media Production and Management advisor.
- Students must consult with a school advisor.
- School residency requirement consists of at least 24 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Nicholson School of Communication and Media.
- Of the 120 hours required for graduation, 72 hours must be taken outside of the disciplines of Communication and Media Studies (Media Production and Management & Journalism) represented within the Nicholson School of Communication and Media.
- Media Production and Management (MPM) majors must select their required minor from outside the Mass Media (MPM and JOU) programs to remain below the 48 credit hour school maximum.
- Students seeking to change tracks from Media Management and Operations to Production once accepted into the major, must re-apply to the Media Production and Management major under the Production track.
- A maximum of three credit hours of internship may be earned in one semester. Internship credit, plus all other hours taken within the school, must not exceed 48 hours.
- To receive credit for an internship, students must have a 2.5 GPA in their required major courses. Students with less than a 2.5 GPA will not be given academic internship credit.
- A maximum of three credit hours of internship may be earned within the 46 credit hour school maximum within the 120 credit hours required for graduation. A maximum of six credit hours of internship may be earned within the 120 credit hours required for graduation. Summer internships are available during "C" term only.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Ed Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
UCF prepares you for life beyond the classroom. Here, you’ll experience a wide range of opportunity, like learning diverse skills from world-renowned faculty to networking with top employers across Central Florida to gaining first-hand experience in internships nearby. Achieve your degree and more as a Knight.
- Electronic News Gathering Editor
- Interpersonal Communications Professor
- Media Arts Professor
- Motion Picture Director
- News Production Supervisor
- Professor of Communication and Writing
- Radio Television Technical Director
- Television Program Director
- Theater Company Producer