- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
College of Education and Human Performance
School of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership,
Education Building, Room: 209
Education Track: Dr. Elsie Olan, ED 223N, Elsie.Olan@ucf.edu, 407-823-5179
Education Track: Dr. Nicole Damico, ED 223E, Nicole.Damico@ucf.edu, 407-823-1862
Lifelong Learning Track: Dr. Janet Andreasen, Janet.Andreasen@ucf.edu
The Secondary Education B.S. – English Language Arts Education program offers students the option of two tracks: English Language Arts Education – Education Track and English Language Arts Education – Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification). The Education Track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal, 6-12 schools that require certification. The Lifelong Learning Track is appropriate for students seeking opportunities for employment outside formal, K-12 schools that do not require certification.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Education Track: Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted). The Lifelong Learning Track is a non-certification program and does not require the General Knowledge Test.
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The Education Track is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)