- College of Sciences
- Statistics & Data Science
Professor & Undergraduate Advisor: Dr. Nizam Uddin
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement: at least 15 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses must be taken from the UCF Statistics and Data Science Department.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each course with a STA prefix.
- Students must achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in all computer science and mathematics courses satisfying major requirements.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all courses satisfying major requirements.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in this major.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) are generally spread over 4 years, and those designated in 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
- All statistics courses except the following, and those protected by Florida Common Course Numbering must be taken from, or approved by the Statistics and Data Science Department at UCF.
- STA 2023 – Statistical Methods I Credit Hours: 3
- STA 3032 – Probability and Statistics for Engineers Credit Hours: 3
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.