- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
Instructor: Patty Lanier
Education Complex & Gym (ED), 123B
The Teacher Education B.S. – Physical Education program is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal, K-12 schools that require certification.
This Teacher Education B.S. – Physical Education program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CCIE-Teacher-Ed-Physical-Ed-BS-June2020.pdf
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from an approved Florida College System or State Univesity System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete EDF 2005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted).
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes.
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program), 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites), and 3 (Core Requirements: Basic Level) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- Education Track: This is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.