The Applied Photonics Graduate Certificate is designed to provide working professionals with knowledge and training in applied photonics to enhance their career opportunities and meet their current responsibilities.
The certificate program compliments their technical backgrounds in science and engineering with the basic principles and applications of photonics engineering in fiber communication systems, lasers, medicine, and aerospace and defense photonics.
Please note: Applied Photonics Graduate Certificate may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
UCF is not authorized to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. Refer to State Restrictions for current information.
- December 1
- July 1
Ready to get started?
- Aeronautical Engineering Professor
- Ceramic Engineering Professor
- Corrosion Control Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electrical Engineering Professor
- Engineering Design Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Research Manager
- Global Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineering Professor
- Marine Engineering Professor
- Mathematical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Director
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Optical Engineer
- Ordnance Engineer
- Petroleum Engineering Professor
- Photonics Engineer
- Process Engineering Manager
- Salvage Engineer