The Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) provides additional training for professionals with a specific focus on knowledge, skills, and competencies for working with students with ASD.
The program is composed of four graduate courses that can be incorporated into a master's program of study in Exceptional Student Education or taken as an add-on to an undergraduate or graduate degree. Each course includes a field-based component. Students may complete field-based assignments in their own classrooms or schools if they serve students with ASD. There are also opportunities to complete these assignments at Project ASD demonstration sites.
The Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) graduate certificate program is state-approved by the Florida Department of Education as meeting requirements for adding an ASD endorsement to existing teacher certification (Administrative Rule 6A-4.01796). The Autism Spectrum Disorders Graduate Certificate has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CCIE-Autism-Spectrum-GC-June2020.pdf.
Please note: Autism Spectrum Disorders Graduate Certificate may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
UCF is not authorized to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. Refer to State Restrictions for current information.
- December 1
- April 1
- July 1
Ready to get started?
- Autism Tutor
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- Early Childhood Special Educator
- High School Learning Support Teacher
- High School Special Education Teacher
- Middle School Special Education Teacher
- Middle School Teacher for Students with Moderate Intellectual Disabilities
- Pre-K Special Education Teacher
- Pre-Kindergarten Special Education Teacher
- SED Elementary School Teacher
- SED High School Teacher
- SED Middle School Teacher
- Secondary School Special Ed Teacher
- Severe Emotional Disorders Elementary School Teacher
- Severe Emotional Disorders High School Teacher
- Severe Emotional Disorders Middle School Teacher
- Special Education Kindergarten Teacher
- Special Education Preschool Teacher
- Special Education Teacher for Adults with Disabilities