- College of Arts and Humanities
- Dean's Office CAH
The Bachelor of Design in Architecture was created to meet the local need in Central Florida for an architecture program. The Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) degree program is a partnership with Valencia College and the University of Florida, as part of a 2+2+2 program to enable students to complete an NAAB accredited architectural program in Central Florida. Note: Architecture (B.Des.) majors must have continual access to a computer. Contact the Architecture advising office (407-582-5500) for the minimum hardware and software specifications.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Architecture (or similar program) that meets the common course prerequisites of the Bachelor of Design in Architecture program.
- Submission of a completed UCF application packet.
- Participation in a competitive review prior to acceptance.
- Completion of the General Education Program (GEP) at UCF or equivalent.
- UCF admission files from other transfer students will be reviewed on an individual basis to determine if prerequisites and General Education Program requirements are met.
- Successful completion of PHY 2053C, or its equivalent, with a “C” (2.0) or better is required.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 36 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF School of Visual Arts and Design.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each required course and maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- Co-op credit cannot be used in this major.
- Students should consult with an architecture advisor before selecting the major, and at least annually thereafter.
- Completion of at least 120 semester hours of course work, including all required courses.
- No more than 12 hours of overlap allowed in majors or minors completed in the School of Visual Arts and Design.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.