The Biofluids track in the Master of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering provides graduates with professional skills enabling them to gain employment in the biomedical engineering industry or to enter competitive Biomedical Engineering PhD research programs. Career opportunities include research, design, analysis, testing and product development in the biomedical and rehabilitation industries, in clinical engineering, and in biomedical engineering.
Current research focuses on translational research in multiscale computational fluid dynamics for cardiovascular treatment planning, lung cancer treatment planning, upper airways fluid mechanics, bioacoustics for patient monitoring and bedside diagnosis.
The Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering requires 30 credit hours at the graduate level (a combination of 5000 and 6000 level courses) and offers both thesis and nonthesis options.
Thesis students take 15 credit hours of required courses, 6 credit hours of Biofluids courses, 3 credit hours of an approved elective, and 6 credit hours of thesis.
The nonthesis option is primarily designed to meet the needs of part-time students and requires 30 credit hours of coursework. Nonthesis students take 15 credit hours of required courses, 6 credit hours of Biofluids courses, and 9 credit hours of approved electives.
Total Credit Hours Required: 30 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree
- December 1
- July 1
- July 1
- January 15
Ready to get started?
- Aeronautical Engineering Professor
- Bio-Mechanical Engineer
- Biochemical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Ceramic Engineering Professor
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Civil Engineering Professor
- Dialysis Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electronics Engineering Professor
- Engineering Design Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Research Manager
- Genetic Engineer
- Global Engineering Manager
- Industrial Engineering Professor
- Manufacturing Engineering Professor
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Petroleum Engineering Professor
- Process Engineering Manager