- College of Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
Director: Dr. Griffith Parks
Burnett Building at Lake Nona (BBS), 101K
The Biotechnology B.S. produces highly trained workers that will meet the workforce needs of the biotechnology industry. Students seeking admission to professional schools (medical, dental, optometry, veterinary, podiatry, and pharmacy) will meet most of the admission requirements for those programs while obtaining a Biotechnology B.S. degree.
- Students who declare this major are admitted in a “Pending” status.
- In order for students to transition out of “Pending” status, they must earn a “C” or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: BSC 2010C, CHM 2045C, CHM 2046, CHM 2210.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog
- Students should complete the General Education Program before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Students should consult with a BSBS academic advisor at least once per semester.
- Courses designated in section 1 below may be taken at a Florida College System institution, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours
- Grades below “C” in Common Program Prerequisites, Core Requirements and Restricted Electives are not accepted.
- Students in undergraduate majors within the College of Medicine are expected to consistently make good progress towards their degrees. Therefore, the COM/BSBS Progress Policy mandates that undergraduate students meet the requirements of the policy. Below are the specific requirements of the Progress Policy:
- Students with 3 withdrawal (W) grades will be placed in a probationary status.
- Students with 5 withdrawal (W) grades will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Medical withdrawals are not included in this withdrawal component.
- Students who earned 5 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U) will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students who earn more than 8 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U), will meet with an advisor from Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Students with 2 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students with 3 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.