- College of Sciences
College of Sciences
Department of Chemistry
Physical Sciences Building (PSB), Room: 255
Dr. Pedro Patino
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in the major.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor before registering.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 30 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Department of Chemistry.
- Chemistry majors are discouraged from taking courses as a transient student at a Florida College System institution, except in situations where one semester of a two semester sequence has already been taken at the Florida College System institution.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) are usually completed in the first 60 hours. Courses designated in General Education Program (GEP) typically are spread throughout the 120 hours.
- Upon reaching junior standing (60 hours), Chemistry majors are expected to have completed the following courses and associated chemistry laboratories. These classes are prerequisites for advanced science classes and students entering the major without these classes will be unable to register for most of the advanced courses.
- CHM 2045C – Chemistry Fundamentals I Credit Hours: 4
- CHM 2046 – Chemistry Fundamentals II Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2046L – Chemistry Fundamentals Laboratory Credit Hours: 1
- CHM 2210 – Organic Chemistry I Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2211 – Organic Chemistry II Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2211L – Organic Laboratory Techniques I Credit Hours: 2
- MAC 2311C – Calculus with Analytic Geometry I Credit Hours: 4
- MAC 2312 – Calculus with Analytic Geometry II Credit Hours: 4
- PHY 2048C – General Physics Using Calculus I Credit Hours: 4
- PHY 2049C – General Physics Using Calculus II Credit Hours: 4
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)