- College of Sciences
Dr. Pedro Patino
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in the major.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor before registering.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 30 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Department of Chemistry.
- Chemistry majors are discouraged from taking courses as a transient student at a Florida College System institution, except in situations where one semester of a two semester sequence has already been taken at the Florida College System institution.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) are usually completed in the first 60 hours. Courses designated in General Education Program (GEP) typically are spread throughout the 120 hours.
- AA transfer students are expected to have completed all of the following courses before enrolling as a Chemistry major; these classes are prerequisites for advanced science classes and students entering without these classes will be unable to register for most of the advanced courses.
- CHM 2045C – Chemistry Fundamentals I Credit Hours: 4
- CHM 2046 – Chemistry Fundamentals II Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2046L – Chemistry Fundamentals Laboratory Credit Hours: 1
- CHM 2210 – Organic Chemistry I Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2211 – Organic Chemistry II Credit Hours: 3
- CHM 2211L – Organic Laboratory Techniques I Credit Hours: 2
- MAC 2311C – Calculus with Analytic Geometry I Credit Hours: 4
- MAC 2312 – Calculus with Analytic Geometry II Credit Hours: 4
- PHY 2048C – General Physics Using Calculus I Credit Hours: 4
- PHY 2049C – General Physics Using Calculus II Credit Hours: 4
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)