- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must be in good academic standing and must have a "C" (2.0) or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: MAC 2311C, MAC 2312, PHY 2048C, and CHS 1440 or CHM 2045C or CHM 2040 AND CHM 2041.
- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must complete a change of major in the term of completion of the final pending prerequisite course(s) listed above.
Degree Requirements (128 Credit Hours)
- The College of Engineering and Computer Science requires all engineering students to achieve a minimum 2.25 GPA in completing the courses from Basic Core Requirements, Advanced Core Requirements, Restricted Electives and Capstone Requirements listed below. Independent study courses generally do not satisfy major requirements.
- A "C" (2.0) or better is required in each pre-requisite course in Common Program Prerequisites, Advanced Core Requirements, and Capstone Requirements.
- Students in the Civil Engineering major are expected to make consistent good progress toward their degrees to remain enrolled in, or eligible for, any major in the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) or the College of Optics and Photonics (COP). Therefore,any student majoring in Civil Engineering who repeats any UCF course and does not earn a grade of "C" (2.0) or better on the second attempt will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation does not receive a grade of "C" (2.0) or better by the third attempt in the same UCF course, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors. Any student majoring in Civil Engineering who has accumulated 7 or more unsuccessful attempts (i.e., grades below "C" (2.0) and withdrawals) over all courses taken at UCF will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation has a tenth unsuccessful attempt over all courses taken at UCF, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors.
- A student who is excluded from CECS and COP majors may seek readmission to a major in CECS or COP after at least one full year has passed since exclusion. Readmission is not automatic and is dependent upon a high probability of success after readmission. Any student who is readmitted to the Civil Engineering major will be subject to all probation conditions that applied at the time of exclusion.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
UCF prepares you for life beyond the classroom. Here, you’ll experience a wide range of opportunity, like learning diverse skills from world-renowned faculty to networking with top employers across Central Florida to gaining first-hand experience in internships nearby. Achieve your degree and more as a Knight.
- Aeronautical Engineering Professor
- Architectural Engineer
- Bridge Engineer
- Ceramic Engineering Professor
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Construction Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electronics Engineering Professor
- Engineering Design Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Research Manager
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Global Engineering Manager
- Highway Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Professor
- Petroleum Engineering Professor
- Process Engineering Manager
- Railroad Design Consultant
- Research Hydraulic Engineer
- Structural Engineer