The Computer Science PhD program prepares students in the highest level of theory and practice of Computer Science, aiding with the development of research and instruction skills for positions in academia, industry and government sectors.
The Computer Science PhD program produces professionals trained at the highest possible academic level in the theory and practice of Computer Science in order to meet current and projected market demands for Computer Science experts. Students graduate with proven abilities in research and instruction and have expertise suitable for positions in industry, academia and government.
Students in the program receive a broad background in the areas of programming systems and languages, computer architecture and computer science theory while specializing in a research area. Research interests of the computer science faculty include affective computing, applied perception, bioinformatics, computational biology, computational geometry, computer and network security, computer architecture, computer forensics, computer graphics, computer networks, computer vision, cryptography, data compression, database management systems, data mining, design and analysis of algorithms, evolutionary computation, genetic algorithms, graph theory, hardware/software co-design, image processing, machine learning, mixed and virtual reality, mobile computing, modeling and simulation, multimedia systems, natural language processing, neural networks, parallel and distributed processing, performance evaluation, programming languages, quantum computing, semantic web, software agents, software engineering and VLSI systems.
- Application Development Director
- C++ Professor
- Chief Technology Officer
- Computer Information Systems Professor
- Computer Operations Manager
- Computer Programming Professor
- Computer Security Manager
- Data Operations Director
- Data Processing Manager
- IT Professor
- Information Systems Director
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Systems Professor
- Information Technology Director
- Information Technology Professor
- Information Technology Systems Director
- Internet Technology Manager
- Java Programming Professor
- MIS Director
- Management Information Systems Director