Program at a Glance
- Undergraduate Certificate
- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Criminal Justice
Management and Leadership skills are required for personnel seeking to move into positions of authority within criminal justice agencies across local, state, federal and international jurisdictions. Leaders of these agencies should be prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st century regarding administration of human resources, personnel supervision, development, implementation and evaluation of policies, and fiscal management including budgeting and planning. The Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Management and Leadership is designed to provide a theoretical and practical knowledge-base for students with a desire to gain skills necessary to advance their careers in criminal justice agencies. This certificate requires 18 credits of undergraduate coursework. Four of the courses are in Criminal Justice and two are in Public Administration.
Certificate will be awarded only at the time of degree completion.
- Undergraduate degree seeking student
- Students are required to declare the certificate and take courses as specified below
- See course catalog for specific requirements