- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
College of Community Innovation and Education
School of Teacher Education
Education Complex, Room: 209
Contact: Dr. Elizabeth Hoffman, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elementary Education K-6 certification track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal K-6 schools that require certification. Students graduating in this track earn both an ESOL and Reading Endorsement.
This Elementary Education B.S. K-6 certification program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://ccie.ucf.edu/teachered/elementary-education/.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from an approved Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete EDF 2005 Introduction to Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted).
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes.
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The K-6 Certification track is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)