- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
Associate Lecturer and Academic Program Coordinator: Dr. Elizabeth Hoffman
The Elementary Education Professional Studies track is a non-certification track that is appropriate for students who wish to work with students in a traditional K-6 classroom setting, but have not passed the required exams to be admitted to and graduate in the K-6 Certification track. Students graduating in the Professional Studies track are not eligible for teaching certification from the Florida Department of Education upon graduation and will not earn the ESOL or Reading endorsements.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from an approved Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete EDF 2005 Introduction to Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes.
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.