- College of Arts and Humanities
- Film & Mass Media
- The Film BFA major is a limited access program.
- Entrance into most Studio electives is restricted to majors. Exceptions must be approved by the Film Program Coordinator.
- All students in this program must satisfactorily complete the mandatory Portfolio Review before enrolling in upper level FIL BFA courses. Contact the Nicholson School of Communication and Media, or visit https://communication.ucf.edu/degree/film-bfa/.
- Students unable to satisfactorily complete Portfolio Review may continue in the Film B.A.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- BFA students are required to achieve a “B” (3.0) or better in the major.
- A maximum of six credit hours of internship may be earned in one semester. A total of six credit hours of internship may be earned within the 120 credit hours required for graduation.
- Students must consult with a Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM) advisor each semester.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 42 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Nicholson School of Communication and Media Film Program.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)