- College of Arts and Humanities
- Modern Languages
College of Arts and Humanities
Department of Modern Languages and Literatures,
Trevor Colbourn Hall, Room: 358A
Dr. Charlotte Trinquet du Lys, Charlotte.TrinquetDuLys@ucf.edu
The B.A in French and Francophone Studies focuses on the study of languages, cultures and literatures in France and in the numerous countries where French is spoken, as the official or second language. It consists of 36 credit hours at the 3000 and 4000 level.
Placement in Modern Language courses is based on one year of high school language being equivalent to one semester of college work. For example, four years of high school French may place the student in the first semester of the third year. Native speakers, or students who have received advanced education in French-speaking societies, may not take lower division French courses. They must also substitute other upper division level courses for FRE 3780Â , FRE 3420, FRE 4422, FRE 3760, and FRE 4421.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- 36 credits in French must be taken at the 3000 level or above in FRW, FRE, and FRT courses.
- At least six of the 36 French credits must be at the 4000 level.
- At least 30 hours must be taken in Modern Language courses taught in French.
- Earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each upper division French course.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 18 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
- Language credit by exam will not be given in courses lower in level than those in which students are presently enrolled. Native speakers will be allowed Credit by Examination in literature courses only.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in this major.
- Students must see a French advisor to obtain proper counseling and have their schedule approved before registering for courses in their major.
- Courses designated in Gen Ed Program and Common Program Prerequisites are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)