The Graduate Certificate in Health Care Simulation prepares nurses, members of other healthcare disciplines, administrators and simulation and technology professionals to design, manage and evaluate healthcare simulations for basic education and improvement of team healthcare delivery.
- Analyze social, economic, ethical cultural legal and political issues influence nursing and health practice in a global context
- Collaborate with leaders in nursing and other disciplines to improve the quality of professional healthcare practice and the outcomes of care
- Develop and implement innovative applications for simulation experiences in health care
- Evaluate models of delivery of simulation in education and healthcare settings in terms of effectiveness
- Evaluate the cost-benefit of the use of simulation in healthcare and education
The certificate program requires three courses, for a total of 9 credit hours.
Total Credit Hours Required: 9 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree
Please note: Health Care Simulation Graduate Certificate may be completed fully online with some required campus activities. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
You may pursue this UCF College of Nursing online program as long as you will be physically located in a Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) state for the duration of your education.
UCF College of Nursing faculty are authorized to teach in NLC states. Due to nursing education restrictions imposed by non-NLC states, UCF is unable to offer courses, clinicals, or other educational services regardless of modality within non-NLC states. Should you be physically located within a non-NLC state for more than a vacation or brief visit, regardless of your legal state of residence or the type of license you have, you will be unable to apply or continue your nursing degree program at the UCF College of Nursing. This includes, but is not limited to, students accepting traveling nurse positions in a non-Nurse Licensure Compact state.
This program has potential ties to state-regulated professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-Health-Care-Simulation-Online-GC.pdf.
- April 1
- September 1
Ready to get started?
- Advanced Nursing Professor
- CCU Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nursing Instructor
- Clinical Nursing Professor
- Community Health Nurse
- Coronary Care Unit Nurse
- Emergency Room RN
- Endoscopy Registered Nurse
- Hospice Registered Nurse
- Obstetrical Nurse
- Oncology Registered Nurse
- PACU Nurse
- Pediatric Registered Nurse
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nursing Professor
- Triage Registered Nurse