- College of Undergraduate Studies
- Office of Interdisc Studies Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
College of Undergraduate Studies
Office of Interdisciplinary Studies,
Trevor Colbourn Hall, Suite 239
The Bachelor of Integrative General Studies offers a flexible and self-designed curriculum to degree-seeking students. The program allows students to draw on their multidisciplinary course work to refine and demonstrate their attainment of six learning outcomes that are in high demand.
- understanding of common human themes, awareness of diverse cultures, and understanding of the cultural, historical, economic, and social implications of learning experiences
- accomplishments as successful writers, speakers, and producers of digital materials in the academic, civic, and professional worlds
- understanding of scientific methods and ability to apply them to challenges facing society
- capacity as well-informed citizens who can reason and can apply analytical, statistical, and computational methods to the challenges of a globally-diverse and technologically rich environment
- ability to assess and decipher information in a world full of conflicting sources
- understanding of leadership skills, including decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving.
Students must complete all University-wide graduation requirements (general education, foreign language, Gordon Rule, etc.), some options for which are not available via online courses. For more information, see http://online.ucf.edu/.
- Approval by College of Undergraduate Studies and Knights Student Success Center
- Completion of 75 or more credit hours
- Students must declare the BIGS major prior to filing their intent to graduate.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each core course.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
- Students in this program are not eligible for a double degree or double major.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)