- College of Undergraduate Studies
- Office of Interdisc Studies
Interdisciplinary Studies is a university-wide program leading to either the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, depending on the concentration of work selected in consultation with an Interdisciplinary Studies advisor. The program is administered through the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and is designed for academic flexibility. It recognizes that there are many combinations of courses that meet the needs of individual students.
Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A. or BS) may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students must have declared an Interdisciplinary Studies major at least two semesters before graduation.
- Research, Internship, and Independent study credit cannot be used in this major without prior approval from Interdisciplinary Studies. Meet with a college advisor for additional information.
- Co-op credit cannot be used in this major.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each core and restricted elective course.
- Students must consult with a college adviser to enter the program.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
- No courses can count in more than one subject area or in a subject area and a minor.
- Students wishing to earn an Interdisciplinary Studies degree as a double degree, double major, or second major, must complete all restricted elective credits exclusive of the credits done for the other degree(s) or major(s), including any minors associated with that degree or degrees.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.