- College of Sciences
- Political Science
Dr. Paul Vasquez
Students taking the International and Global Studies Minor will examine the interactions between nations and the political processes within nations using a variety of perspectives. International aspects focus on how countries interact with one another, and how the social and cultural systems within them affect these interactions. Global studies looks at intra-national factors, such as how a state’s internal characteristics impact that state’s political processes. Immigration, technological advancements and internationalization of foreign policy make global studies a complementary approach to international studies.
Minor Admission Requirements
- Double major/dual degree policy in Political Science programs and minors:
- Students who major in any Political Science track, and minor in International and Global Studies, shall not count more than one course toward both programs.
- Students who double minor in Political Science and International and Global Studies shall not count more than one course toward both programs.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Grades below “C” (2.0) in lower level courses are not accepted in the minor.
- At least nine hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the department.
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)