The Graduate Certificate in Reading Education provides teachers with research-based strategies for teaching reading.
For the Reading Education certificate, students complete six required courses (18 credit hours total). Although there are no program course prerequisites, candidates who have had no previous children's or adolescent literature courses are strongly encouraged to take one course (LAE 5415 - Children’s Literature in Elementary Education or LAE 5465 - Literature for Adolescents) prior to enrolling in the certificate program or at least prior to enrolling in RED 6846 - Reading Practicum.
Total Credit Hours Required: 18 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree
The Graduate Certificate in Reading Education meets the Florida Department of Education Reading Endorsement requirements and prepares classroom teachers with an emphasis on evidence-based strategies for assessment and instruction of K-12 reading. The Reading Education Graduate Certificate program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CCIE-Reading-Education-GC.pdf.
- December 1
- April 1
- July 1
Ready to get started?
- 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
- Counselor Education Professor
- High School Biology Teacher
- High School English Teacher
- High School French Teacher
- High School History Teacher
- High School Math Teacher
- High School Music Director
- High School Teacher
- Junior High School Teacher
- Literacy Education Professor
- Mathematics Education Professor
- Middle School PE Teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher
- Primary Education Professor
- Science Education Professor
- Secondary Education Professor
- Special Education Professor