- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
Associate Professor: Dr. Erhan Haciomeroglu
Education Complex & Gym, 123H
The Secondary Education B.S. – Mathematics Education program offers students the option of two tracks: Mathematics Education – Education Track and Mathematics Education – Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification). The Education Track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal, 6-12 schools that require certification.
This Secondary Education B.S. -Mathematics Education program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CCIE-Secondary-Ed-Mathematics-BS-June2020.pdf
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the foreign language admission requirement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted).
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in 1. (General Education) and 2. (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The Education Track is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.