- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
College of Community Innovation and Education
School of Teacher Education,
Education Complex, Room: 209
Lifelong Learning Track Contact: Dr. Janet Andreasen, ED 123Q, Janet.Andreasen@ucf.edu
The Secondary Education B.S. – Social Science Education – Lifelong Learning Track (non-certification) program is specifically focused on students who wish to use their knowledge of Social Science Education to pursue educational careers outside of traditional schools. The Lifelong Learning Track prepares graduates for employment in a broad spectrum of professional opportunities including non-profits and non-traditional educational agencies. The Lifelong Learning Track is appropriate for students seeking opportunities for employment outside formal, K-12 schools that do not require certification.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Complete the EDF 2005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the foreign language admission requirement
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- The courses designated in General Education and Education Common Program Prerequisites should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)