- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Computer Science
Dr. Mark Heinrich
Foundation Examination: Prior to taking courses beyond basic core requirements, students must pass a foundation exam (COT 3960) which covers problem solving techniques, algorithms, abstraction, and programming language skills. Tests will be administered each semester. Refer to the computer science website for more information about the foundation exam.
- Students are required to consult with a departmental advisor and file a plan of study after passing the foundation exam
- Students must meet a Residency Requirement of at least 24 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-5000 level courses taken from the Computer Science Department at UCF
- 18 of the 24 Residency hours must be at the 4000-5000 level
- Students must earn at least a grade of “C” (2.0) in each course in sections 2-5. In addition, students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in all courses in section 4.
- Students in the Computer Science major are expected to make consistent good progress toward their degrees to remain enrolled in, or eligible for, any major in the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) or the College of Optics and Photonics (COP). Therefore,any student majoring in Computer Science who repeats any UCF course and does not earn a grade of “C” (2.0) or better on the second attempt will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation does not receive a grade of “C” (2.0) or better by the third attempt in the same UCF course, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors. Any student majoring in Computer Science who has accumulated 7 or more unsuccessful attempts (i.e., grades below “C” (2.0) and withdrawals) over all courses taken at UCF will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation has a tenth unsuccessful attempt over all courses taken at UCF, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors.
- A student who is excluded from CECS and COP majors may seek readmission to a major in CECS or COP after at least one full year has passed since exclusion. Readmission is not automatic and is dependent upon a high probability of success after readmission. Any student who is readmitted to the Computer Science major will be subject to all probation conditions that applied at the time of exclusion.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)