- College of Nursing
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares nurses at the highest level of practice for the current health care environment based on a strong scientific foundation for practice; flexibility and emphasis on evidence-based practice, leadership, and organizational analysis; and analysis of the DNP Project.
The program offers five tracks: Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice DNP, and Nurse Executive DNP.
The objectives of the DNP program are to prepare graduates to:
- Critically analyze complex clinical situations and practice systems.
- Assume leadership roles in the development of clinical practice models, health policy and standards of care.
- Develop practice models that support diagnostic reasoning skills and clinical judgment through the use of the evidence-based practice.
- Analyze the social, economic, political, epidemiological and other scientific data to improve individual, aggregate and population health.
- Demonstrate information fluency and advanced communication skills to lead quality improvement initiatives to improve patient care and healthcare systems.
- Design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care models for populations and/or systems and disseminate findings.
Note for International Students: Please contact the College of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-823-2744 prior to applying to this online program.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
For information on how this program may prepare you for professional licensure, please visit the program website.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Executive
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - ARNP Post Master's
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Advanced Practice DNP
Tuition and Fees
$369.65 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)