- College of Nursing
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares nurses at the highest level of practice for the current health care environment based on a strong scientific foundation for practice; flexibility and emphasis on evidence-based practice, leadership, and organizational analysis; and analysis of the DNP Project.
The program offers five tracks: Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice DNP, and Nurse Executive DNP.
The objectives of the DNP program are to prepare graduates to:
- Critically analyze complex clinical situations and practice systems.
- Assume leadership roles in the development of clinical practice models, health policy and standards of care.
- Develop practice models that support diagnostic reasoning skills and clinical judgment through the use of evidence-based practice.
- Analyze the social, economic, political, epidemiological and other scientific data to improve individual, aggregate and population health.
- Demonstrate information fluency and advanced communication skills to lead quality improvement initiatives to improve patient care and healthcare systems.
- Design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care models for populations and/or systems and disseminate findings.
Note for International Students: Please contact the College of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-823-2744 prior to applying to this online program.
Please note: This program may be completed online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees. See http://ucf.edu/online for more information.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
UCF is not authorized to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. Refer to State Restrictions for current information.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Executive
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - ARNP Post Master's
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Advanced Practice DNP
Tuition and Fees
$369.65 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)