The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares nurses at the highest level of practice for the current health care environment based on a strong scientific foundation for practice; flexibility and emphasis on evidence-based practice, leadership, and organizational analysis; and analysis of the DNP Project.
The program offers five tracks: Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice DNP, and Nurse Executive DNP.
The objectives of the DNP program are to prepare graduates to:
- Critically analyze complex clinical situations and practice systems.
- Assume leadership roles in the development of clinical practice models, health policy and standards of care.
- Develop practice models that support diagnostic reasoning skills and clinical judgment through the use of the evidence-based practice.
- Analyze the social, economic, political, epidemiological and other scientific data to improve individual, aggregate and population health.
- Demonstrate information fluency and advanced communication skills to lead quality improvement initiatives to improve patient care and healthcare systems.
- Design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care models for populations and/or systems and disseminate findings.
Note for International Students: Please contact the College of Nursing at email@example.com or 407-823-2744 prior to applying to this online program.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
This program has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare students in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/licensure-programs/.
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Dermatology Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency Room RN
- Endoscopy Registered Nurse
- Family Health Nurse Practitioner
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Healthcare Administrator
- Hospital Director
- Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner
- Obstetrical Nurse
- Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Therapy Director
- Speech and Hearing Therapy Director
- Triage Registered Nurse